Friday 28 January 2011

Around the world in one blog post!

First things first, I have a few new 'Globe Trotters' since my last post, so welcome new friends! Thank you for following my blog and I hope you enjoy the journey! Don't be afraid to stop and say hello!

Second, I'm quite excited by my stats today, I have had people looking at my site from all around the world! People in Canada, Finland, Greece, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Estonia and even Lebanon! Wow! These are all places I've either been to or would love to go to, so please get in touch if you would like to be included in 'One Man's Back Yard is Another Man's Paradise' I'd love to hear about your stomping ground!

I've been a very busy girl at work this last couple of weeks which is why I've been a bit quiet on the old blog front. But, to remind me why I get up in the morning and work my little backside off five days a week, I've been planning my next trip! Woohoo! There is nothing better than flicking through magazines, books and web pages searching out your dream destination (especially during the wintery post Christmas blues of January).

Reflections on a lake at Whistler

So, next on my list is Canada! My hubby has been before but I never have - it's one he's promised me for years! I absolutely can't wait! Normaly, we book a flight and turn up with just the suitcase we carry and then try and find hotels as we travel around. But, as we will be going when there is still likely going to be snow on the ground, we didn't want to take the risk of being homeless for two weeks! We have booked everything, right down to the last detail.

Reflections on Osoyoos Lake, Osoyoos

The last time Paul went, they had freakishly bad weather for the time of year (March) and were unable to get up to Banff because the roads were all closed off with snow. They only managed to get as far as Revelstoke so we are both really looking forward to getting up into the mountains and around the lakes for some gob-smackingly gorgeous sights and maybe even ride with the hounds in the snow.

Dog sledding in Whistler

This is our itinerary:

4 nights - Vancouver
1 night - Kelowna
4 nights - Banff
1 night - Kelowna
1 night - Victoria
1 night - near Nanaimo - staying in what can only be described as a Christmas tree bauble!
2 nights - Tofino
1 night - Vancouver

Totem poles in Stanley Park, Vancouver

If anyone is reading this who lives in any of these places, please let me know if there are any well kept secrets which I just can't miss! I promise not to blab!

No comments:

Post a Comment